Feature request: change export units and auto scale on export

2241.15 In reply to 2241.10 
>> Do you mean you are manually scaling by 25.4 ? Normally it is intended
>> that you should be able to switch your unit system from Inches to Millimeters
>> which will apply this scale factor for you.

Opening the STEP file in Rhino/MoI auto sets the scaling to inches (no problem there). What I've done in the past is change the unit (and let it scale) and works great. I hate working in mm however (since any changes are relayed in inches...the original STEP file is in inches) as well as "add on geometry" is relayed in inches. I'd prefer to keep the geometry in inches...so I'm just picking at "nits"...

>> There is one currently available for OBJ format export - you can set that under
>> Options > Import/Export > OBJ options > Scale Factor.

I looked for that -- musta missed it! That'll probably do the trick, a question on that however...does it translate the scaling before or after meshing? This is getting into a whole other realm, but I do know from past experience there is a HUGE difference in output (with our geometry at least) between a mesh in inches vs millimeter (hopefully I'm not blurring Rhino and MoI experiences).

>> It should be remembered automatically while inside the same program session.

Single session it works as advertised, for some reason we're constantly dumping in and out of MoI and other apps so a tween-session/default value would be awesome!

Thanks Michael!!!