Feature request: change export units and auto scale on export

Hi Michael, everyone,

Well, I have been struggling a bit with getting the right size when exporting from MoI to modo. Eventually found out that modo thinks in meters regardless of whether the units are set to mm, cm, etc. The units setting only changes the way these units are displayed in modo. So if I create a 10 mm rad sphere in MoI and export it to modo it becomes a 10 m rad sphere :-(

Then I found the 'Scale on unit system change' setting hidden away in the options. Brilliant, this does the job, change to metres and my model is automatically scaled to the right size. But it is hidden away and would have to be changed every time I export and then set back again to continue working in something other than metres.

So I was wondering if it is possible to have the export mesh dialog have the units option and MoI do the scaling automatically. I imagine the work flow to be something like this:

. Set units to what you want to work in, e.g. mm
. Create model
. Call up export mesh dialog
. Set units for export, e.g. metres
. Export (model is scaled based on new units, exported and then scaled back to original size)

I have no idea if this is lot, or a little, work but it would help speed my work flow when taking things into other apps.

What do you think?

Regards
Tony