Can't close surface?

2231.17 In reply to 2231.13 
>It's an interesting idea... But visually different colors for the same kind of state (being "selected")
>kind of makes for a confusing situation initially for someone just learning the software. They wouldn't know
> what the colors meant, and might think that it meant that one thing was not "really selected" or something.

>It is kind of good to have just one consistent color to indicate selection, that way there is no confusion
> about whether something is selected or not, it is all consistent.

Hi, Michael

Not quite what I meant. I meant that curves highlight differently from edges when you mouse over, BEFORE they are selected. They are in a highlighted state. So edges, surfaces, curves have a different highlight. When the thing is selected it goes into the selected state. The problem Phr0stByte had was knowing which thing to click on. At the moment you don't know.

> kind of makes for a confusing situation initially for someone just learning the software.

Well, it's confusing now, not only for new users but also for people who know how to use MoI. You don't know what it is until you have selected it. Edges and curves are different but they look the same. New users get confused. As you said, this is a big 'gotcha'.

Having said all that it just occurred to me - the problem is that you can't tell a curve from an edge. Wouldn't it be even easier to see them, if curves were a different colour from edges all the time? :-)

Regards
Tony