Skp & decimal number

2207.4 In reply to 2207.3 
Hi Pilou, I have updated the SKP export for the next v2 beta to also write the current decimal (or fractional) display precision to the file so that part should work like you expected in the next version I think.

> I must return in each y and Z for input decimal!
> Is that normal??? beta 21 nov 2008

I'm not sure if I completely follow what you are mentioning there.

One thing is you should press Enter or Tab after typing in a number to commit it, is it possible that you are leaving out that step?

Also if you have "Maintain proportions" checked, then when you alter one value, the others will also change to maintain a uniform scale. If you want to edit each dimension to an individual specific value, you will need to uncheck "Maintain proportions" to do that.

Was that what you were running into? If not then I probably need some more information on the steps that you are doing.

Also the decimal place display under Options / General is actually not used for the size display. That's because it needs to fit 3 values on a single line, and larger numbers like "1250.23 x 5321.23 x 5312.52 cm" will not fit in the available space.

So if the number is larger than 100, it will not display any decimals for that in the top quick display, if the number is between 0.01 and 100.0 it will use 2 decimal places, and if it is smaller than 0.01 it will use 4 decimal places - this is regardless of the setting in Options / General.

That helps to give a balance between readability and being able to fit within a limited size.

When you open up the menu panel, there is more space available there for each value so it will switch to use 4 decimal places in that case to give more accuracy.

Also the "quick" size at the top level is more of an approximation which gets its values from the display mesh. When you open up the full panel it does a more accurate (and also somewhat more time-consuming) analytic calculation and shows the higher accuracy data there for editing.

- Michael