suggestion, Isolate command

2201.7 In reply to 2201.6 
Hi PaQ - I guess that is actually a bug in that script. I think I'll be making a more "built-in" isolate function and it will be easier to have more logic in there for handling points on.

So I've been thinking of right-click on Hide and currently I'm thinking of changing the Hide system to work like this:

Left click on Hide when objects are selected = hide those objects (same as currently)

Left click on Hide when no selection = show all objects (different - currently this shows you the hidden objects and lets you pick some objects to show).

Right click on hide when objects are selected = isolate those objects by hiding non-selected objects (except for objects with points on)

Right click on hide when no selection = pick some objects to show.

There are a lot of people who get confused by the current "Show" system where it lets you temporarily view all the hidden objects and then you can pick a sub-set to show, or click a second time to show them all. I think this would probably solve that since the left click "Show" would become a simple immediate "Show all", which would remove that confusion. But the "Show just some" functionality is still there easy to access when needed by just doing a right-click instead...

Any feedback on whether the above sounds good or bad?

It's pretty important for me to have a lot of functions like this condensed into one button instead of 4 buttons, because it allows me to add a similar "Lock" button later on and have just 2 buttons for doing those things instead of 8 buttons.

- Michael