suggestion, Isolate command

2201.25 In reply to 2201.24 
Hi Tony, well all the functions there are related to hiding some objects, either the selected ones or the unselected ones.

I think it probably won't be a big deal, I'll give it a try and see how it works out.

The big benefit will be that "Show all" will be a more accessible option with this new arrangement. That will likely reduce confusion with the current show mechanism.

The UI is generally going to be the same system v2 as it was for v1 so you'll be able to edit the UI to customize it whichever way you want.

I do plan on having the ability to hide/show groups of objects with the scene browser tree interface as well, it will be a system in addition to this one. That will be great for more complex scenes, but it is important to have a set of basic hide/show abilities without having to go in and set up groups. Having to stop and set up groups can be a kind of annoying and distracting step when you just want to quickly model some basic stuff but still need to hide and show a few objects at a time.

- Michael