suggestion, Isolate command

2201.17 In reply to 2201.16 
Hi Okapi,

> The list from Pilous is what I would like to avoid.....

I'd definitely like to avoid key combinations on buttons to do things.

But left click for the primary functions and right click for some advanced functions is a pretty good way to get multiple use out of the same UI.

It is a pretty big priority to make a single piece of UI "pull more weight" and do more functions when it is possible.

Most things in MoI are actually set up that way already since they do different things depending on the current selection. For example if you have 2 lines selected and you do a Fillet command, it will produce a curve/curve fillet since it looks at the current selection. That's instead of having a separate "Curve fillet" button next to an "Edge fillet" button and so forth.

Hide/show on the same button is another example where it looks at the selection to do different things - if there is a selection it will do one operation (hide the selection) and if there is not a selection it does a different one (lets you pick objects to show currently).

So basically that fits in pretty well with how a whole bunch of other stuff is already working - to be context sensitive to the selection I mean.

- Michael