UI expansion?

2175.7 In reply to 2175.6 
Being that you went with HTML for the UI design I imagine you could also use Flash based elements if you wanted which is hella cool!

I've always admired Flash designers one in particular Noel Rubin - his site especially his theory section is really cool.

http://www.teknoel.com/
(Just put your cursor over the N in the menu bar to open it and click Theory: ScrollJet (click vertical or wide) - the Carousel is pretty hott too - drag the middle bar to flip between the folders. Boy to be able to browse a library or folder list using something like that!)

I can imagine using Flash, you could dream up all kinds of widgets to fold out, roll up etc., for conserving screen space.

But of course that's another level of coding (and potential problems) that would have to be managed. Certainly counter to keeping things simple.

As programmer by profession, I've always envied Flash based GUIs; the freedom of being able to completely design your controls - I guess now with Silverlight and Windows Presentation Foundation, I can finally do that kind of stuff in my apps but I'm waiting for Silverlight v2 to mature a bit more before I take the time to learn it...

-Will