UI expansion?

Hi Michael, yes, while I own Flash Pro, and try to keep up with the upgrades, my Flash skills leave much to be desired.

I know Flash just enough to do whatever website stuff it is I need to do. Actionscript 3 however does however make programming Flash more of a joy since it's a "full" OOP language now.

While I've known that you use HTML and IE (amazingly) for your GUI, it didn't hit me until this post that you also have the option of using Flash and I was imagining out loud the possiblities...

I didn't really expect that would be something you'd want to undertake and definitely wasn't making any suggestions for you to do so, hence my voicing of the additional complexities it would cause.

I have to say though with your mastery of mathematics (I sux at math) I can imagine you'd probably be able to get widgets going like Noel (rotating stuff, 3D wireframes etc.,) in no time! (You'd probably need just ONE Flash book and you'd be on your way! ;-) )

Yes, I'm familiar with Adobe Air and I've played around with it briefly but haven't kept up with its development since its initial release.

I must say there are great times to be had these days working with HTML / web applications - compared to just 2 - 3 years ago!

-Will

EDITED: 2 Dec 2008 by WILLBELLJR