Read only mode?

2169.8 In reply to 2169.7 
Hi Nick, I've got something set up for this for the next beta. Some details tomorrow. But basically if you set the "Read only" checkbox when opening the file (you'll have to enable this in a moi.ini option since it kind of makes the file dialog look slightly odd), then when you try to do a "Save", it will prompt you for a filename same as Save As rather than doing the save immediately as per normal.

And also at the Save As part (whether you did a regular Save As or got there through Save), the current filename will not be filled in by default so that the only way you could overwrite it would be to pick the file and then say Yes to the overwrite prompt.

I figure if you explicitly picked the file and then say Yes to overwrite it, then that means overwrite it anyway...

I did not worry about Export since that does not fill in the current filename automatically like Save As.

I guess that's most of the details there actually, but I need to test it a bit tomorrow to make sure it works as expected.

Once you actually write out a file or do File/New the "opened with read only" flag gets reset so that it doesn't interfere with saving out to the new file that you just created.

- Michael