MoIV2 Beta Nov-21-2008 Questions

2168.61 In reply to 2168.60 
Hi Brian,

Do you mean none of your shortcuts work at all?

For example one is setup for for Delete key = Delete function.

Does pushing the Delete key work for you or is that not working?

It looks like you have a whole bunch of keyboard shortcuts set up for numerous custom plugins, though - those are probably the ones that are not working for you since you probably do not have any of those plugins installed into the new beta.

I kind of wonder what you do with all those plugins in the first place? I mean each of them was created to help someone with a particular specialized problem, are you running into all of those specialized problems on a regular basis?

> Being odious---3DC is on it's 41st V3 Beta update since
> Sept 16th----have not had to do a single "Brian".

Did you also install a bunch of custom plugins and customize the UI for 3DC as well?

It seems like you get frustrated with new beta releases since they don't contain your customizations.

I'd recommend staying away from the new betas and instead sticking with v1 which is all set up as you want, correct?

Once v2 is all wrapped up and I'm not churning out new versions of it, I will be happy to help you get the final v2 all set up for you.

But I'm sorry I just do not have the time available to support customized installations on every single beta release. If you're not able to apply your customizations to each beta yourself you will need to wait until the betas are over before I will be able to help you with them.

I mean I wish I had more hours in the day to help every individual person set up a custom version of MoI just specifically for their individual needs, but I just flat out do not have enough time available for that.

If none of that works for you, then it sounds like MoI is probably not meeting your needs properly and you may want to switch to a different program that works better for you.

- Michael