MoIV2 Beta Nov-21-2008 Questions

2168.35 In reply to 2168.31 
Hi Burr,

> Could I learn a diffewrent way??? (Danny should know this answer. ie; could my approach or thinking change and acheive the same results)

Thanks for dragging me into this......buddy! ;)

But your right, I would of expected to click on a rectangular solid say 5X5X1 and it didn't matter at what angle it was related to the coordinate system it would always show up as 5X5X1, but as Michael explained your actually changing the bounding box of the object not the object directly like in a cad system.

The way I see it, sizing in the new object properties panel is a numerical version of the object editing frame, where, instead of dragging your object to roughly that size now you can give it a value.

So knowing this, if I need to resize a 'primitive' that was modelled at some sort of angle I would set my cplane to that object, but we have to remember that once that object has a Boolean function applied to it we can't resize that object alone the sizing in the new object properties panel will show the 'Booleaned' bodies as one solid.

I think resizing objects after another operation will be a history enhancement for MoI in the future.

Michael, please correct me on any of these points if misleading.

Cheers
~Danny~