Meaningful Shortcut Keys Listing.

2134.45 In reply to 2134.44 
Hi Brian,

> Why would the average user of MoI (any app) NEED to know
> the difference between a "script" and a "Command" in the first place?

There is generally not any need to worry about it unless you want to set things up in a special way.

The more normal way to set things up, you just paste in any custom script into a keyboard shortcut and once you do that it will be run as an immediate script which does not cancel any currently running command.

Maybe it would be best to just leave your keyboard shortcuts how they were before? It just seems like you are running into more problems now than you were with the previous setup...

Don't get me wrong - you are definitely correct that the whole system has some confusing parts.

I would definitely like to improve the system in the future!

But I only have a limited amount of time to work on different features.

Right now making the keyboard shortcut UI more beautiful is just not a very high priority because the majority of people go in there and set things up once, and don't really worry about it so much after that. Other areas that are used on a more frequent basis just need to have a higher priority right now.

I wish I could make everything get improved all at once! But I haven't found a good way to make that happen yet... :)

- Michael