Meaningful Shortcut Keys Listing.

2134.14 In reply to 2134.11 
Hi Brian,

> Yes! The script as such is meaningless to me, and either
> writing or modifying is unlikely to ever be in my work flow.
> (Same for many/most? MoI users!)

Right, but there is one thing that you do seem to want to do with scripts which is take one that has been written by someone else and install it to use it on your local copy of MoI.

Right now it is possible to do this by copy and paste using only one editor in MoI - the shortcut key editor.

Being able to have script code inside of that editor is what makes that kind of "one place setup" possible.

> Now I would suggest the opposite approach in that the scripting list
> should be on a separate or user made panel!

If I did that, then if you wanted to install a script that I had posted here, you would have a more complex procedure to follow instead of just copy/paste in one spot, you would have to go to that separate panel to set up the script, and after that go to the shortcut key editor to assign a shortcut key.

It would make the shortcut key list look prettier, but at the expense of making it a more difficult procedure to install a piece of script that has been posted in a message here.

The one thing that I can think of that could possibly improve this without making things more complicated would be to change the way that I distribute scripts, and distribute them as a file attachment rather than as a snippet of inline code that you copy/paste. It may be possible for me to set that up in the future.

- Michael