Meaningful Shortcut Keys Listing.

2134.10 In reply to 2134.9 
Hi PaQ,

> except that you have to check the command folder to actual
> know the exact command name, like planer is in fact PlanarSrf, etc.

Eventually I would like to have something like a list of commands that you can optionally pop up there so you don't have to know or look up the name. (the names are listed in the documentation here).

But it would have to be incorporated as a kind of optional helper thing, it would not be so good if you could only pick off a predefined list because then you couldn't enter in totally custom script macros.

MoI's current system could definitely use some improving.

But it is all a matter of priorities. I could spend a month working on refining the shortcut key editor to be much nicer but then that is a month of work that is not happening on basic modeling tools.

Right now I've put a higher priority on refining other areas of the software that will be used much more frequently.

I haven't prioritized work on refining the shortcut key editor very much because it tends to be something that you go in and set up once and then don't have to worry about much more after that. That makes it kind of a bad payback for the amount of effort involved in enhancing it.

- Michael