Object properties progress

2127.43 In reply to 2127.41 
Hi Tony,

I was thinking some more about what you had written previously. Maybe instead of trying to cram a bunch of editing directly in there, maybe one possibility is to have some display-only information added to the top level.

Like for example:

To edit the size you would still go to Details to put up the full dialog, and the full dialog would have a lot of additional stuff on it like center point, etc...

For a circle or arc instead of Size: it could show Radius: there, and for a line it could show Length:

That could possibly give some of the most basic information up there at the top level.

> Then, can I make a feature request for tear off panels please?

I would definitely like to have those. Unfortunately it will take a substantial amount of work to make that happen, it is just not going to be feasible anytime too soon.

Early on in the development of MoI it was apparent that it would be very time consuming to attempt to do drag/drop type dynamic UI editing at the same time as trying to refine and develop just one UI to be as good as I could make it. I did not have enough time to pursue both, and I ended up choosing the latter.

At some point in the future maybe I will be able to do a major overhaul of the underlying UI mechanism and be able to add tear off / rearranging and docking of panels at that time, but that will be somewhere down the road a ways.

- Michael
Attachments: