Object properties progress

2127.39 In reply to 2127.37 
Hi Danny, yes that kind of additional panel being able to be popped out or closed is what I am thinking of doing for the browser panel that will let you manage groups and batches of objects.

By default I expect for it to be closed, so that it won't fill up the screen for small projects where it does not do any good, or get in the way of new users so much.

But I was planning on stacking it on the right side of the screen, to the left of the standard current side pane, along the lines that Grendel showed in this previous thread:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1944.1

It kind of makes for a nice open feeling to have the left and top sides open and without UI on them. Getting UI to all sides of the viewports kind of gives a bit of a "boxed in" feeling instead.

But eventually down the line in future versions there may be other panels that could optionally open up along those edges too, so far I haven't had any ideas for a left-side one but when there is more render stuff available I was thinking of an optional material swatch panel along the top.

- Michael