Display (mesh) problems

2095.5 In reply to 2095.4 
Hi Anis,

> May we know the progress of object organization ?

Well, rather slow so far I'm afraid. It's taken quite a bit of time to fix bugs in some other areas in the past few weeks.

I have finished some of the infrastructure of the properties panel piece, so that it responds to the selection changing and command UI coming and going properly.

It does not do a whole lot quite yet though, this is what it currently looks like right this moment:

Not very exciting quite yet... :) That is a new panel there that shows up when you are in selection mode, that is before you have started running a command.

The first things in it at the top will be an optional object name, and the object type displayed there, I haven't got it finished up yet but that type will say something like "Solid" or "Closed crv" so you can tell at a glance whether a selected curve or surface object is actually closed or not.

Then the idea is that there will be a few entries underneath this, probably one for color, and then a "Details" button and a "Tools" button.

The current idea is for the "Details" button to open up a big dialog box that has a bunch of more information about the selected object, that will probably be where stuff like the radius of a circle and length of a line will be listed and be editable. I was thinking previously about trying to build that information directly in to the properties panel, but there is not a whole lot of space to deal with there so I've been moving more towards an idea of having it on a dialog instead. That way it will make it much easier for me to provide quite a whole lot of stuff about the object. The idea for "Tools" will be to open up a drop-down menu with a bunch of more "advanced" tools that can be applied to the selected object type. It will probably end up as a sort of dumping ground for a whole bunch of things which will help to keep the top level UI cleaner for the more frequently used things.

I'll probably wait to release the new beta until I finish up at least some more of the basic stuff working on this properties panel.

The other major part for object organization will be the browser pane which will be a much larger panel that has a list of all the different objects and groups in it. I'm hoping to concentrate on that part not for this currently in-progress beta but the one after that.

- Michael