Requests &...from Pilou:)

207.27 In reply to 207.25 
Hi Petr,

> Is this bug, feature or my mistake?

I consider it to be a feature. :)

This particular thing tends to be an area of confusion in Rhino, that typing 5,5 produces a different 3D point location depending on what viewport is active. It is particularly bad in the split view where it is so easy to accidentally change the active viewport just by moving your mouse around without even clicking somewhere.

In MoI this is different - simple coordinate input with no decorations (like 5,5) will always use world coordinates. I think this is really what most people would expect (unless you have become accustomed to other software that does it differently of course).

That just helps to eliminate one area of confusion. The "w" syntax is supported to do the same thing just for people who are accustomed to it from Rhino.

There is currently no way to type in construction-plane relative coordinates. I suppose I could add this in using a new "c" syntax, like "c5,5". What do you think about that? There is not exactly the same concept of an "active viewport" in MoI as there is in Rhino though. But internally there is a concept of the last clicked viewport, and there is also the concept of a full-screen viewport. So the way I would figure it would work is if you have a full screen viewport, it would use that viewport's construction plane, otherwise for the split view it would use the last viewport that was clicked in.

- Michael