Modeling Help for this....

2042.27 In reply to 2042.24 
Hi PaQ,

> Btw, I don't know if you have seen the video, but there is a
> little bug with the bugle slide bar in the blending tool.
> Sometimes MoI don't really respond after quick change
> with the slide bar, and you have to enter the value by hand
> to force the blending to be updated. It often appends here
> when you slide from 2.5 to 0.25 and then back to 2.5.
> (not easy to isolate).

I had seen that happen before too (also with offset command doing curve offsets), but I'm pretty sure that bug was squished with the last beta.

It was a timing issue and could happen when a cancelable type action finished quickly and finished just after you changed a UI setting. Since it would only occur if things were timed in a certain way it was kind of a bit hard to reproduce with only a couple of repeatable simple steps.

I was able to reproduce it much more easily with a single action when I was working on the new wireframe text feedback when dynamically typing letters, and that gave me a reliable enough test case to figure out what was going wrong and get it fixed up.

Doing some additional tests right now, with a set of planes set up like this:

With v1 I can reproduce the problem in blend by scrolling the slider back and forth rapidly and stopping at one end, you can get it so that the result is kind of out of sync with the slider after messing with it like that.

Testing the same thing with the Sep-21 v2 beta, I can't reproduce the problem at all after messing around for a long time with it.

Do you see the same thing over there, I mean with a particular set of objects you can make it happen with v1 pretty easily with rapid motions, but it won't happen at all with v2 Sep-21 version on the same objects?

- Michael
Attachments: