Modelling a Aircraft - F9F-5

2036.77 In reply to 2036.75 
Hi Paq

Thanks for you comment and interest in the thread. I know there has been a lot of discussion in this thread but I hope there are solutions presented here by Michael that will help people solve some of their more advanced nurb modelling tasks. Unfortunately for me so far on this particular project I haven't been able to achieve what I want.

I had a good look at tsplines yesterday and believe that it would be the best way to tackle the upper part of the fuselage of this aircraft and also give me a nice mesh. It would allow me to kind of sculpt up the shape I need as I am unable to get nurbs to conform to the shapes I need via converntional sweeps and networks especially since surface tangency options are somewhat limited.
Unfortunately the cost of buying tsplines and Rhino for my hobby is a little prohibitive but like you I hope that one day this tool will be standard in nurbs packages as I believe it would be of tremendous benefit in instances like this and many others that I can think of.

>So far I never had to build something 100% real, so I always find some workaround or 'design' change because I can't exactly get the base shape I want.
Yes, I am having similar issues except I don't want to change the design. I want to capture the look as closely as I can.

>In the other hand, as you probably know allready, when the base shape is done, adding all the details is really fun with nurbs,
>and much more productive than poly modeling.
Absolutely, totally agree 100%. It is not much fun cutting out holes, vents and openings in meshes, very tedious work.
~Kevin~