Modelling a Aircraft - F9F-5

2036.74 In reply to 2036.72 
Hi Steve, thanks for your post.

>Aircraft/cars are mechanical, so dont quite follow your statement.
> I cannot comment on "inventor" as I have not used the program, but Autocad, I have used many versions over the years for aircraft and F1/touring car work.

I'm not talking about using Autocad (or Inventor) to draw up the components of the car as I know both are used for the that purpose all day every day right around the world. I was referring to using Autocad's 3d modelling tools to create the aerodynamic shape of this aircraft and all the subtle blends around the upper part of the fuselage and fin and then converting that model to a nice mesh from Autocad. Autocad's surfacing tools are a little on the primitive side compared to MoI and Rhino.

>That is final output and not related to internal construction
Yes the mesh is a seperate issue and nothing to do with constructing the model in the first place. I suspect Michaels work on the FBX plugin will largely resolve a lot of my past meshing issues especially since I use 3DS Max.

>Unfortunately I have had no spare time to look at this, but I am unsure of your exact problem.
Where I am having problems is creating the blends that are around the cockpit and upper part of the fuselage as shown in the photo of post 63 of this thread.
The rest of the aircraft I should not have any problems with.
What I was hoping you might be able to help with is the best way to tackle this area and keep the blends that are created tangent to one another so that I get nice smooth highlights on my aircraft when rendered.
~Kevin~