Modelling a Aircraft - F9F-5

2036.72 In reply to 2036.62 
Hi Kevin,

>>My background is Autocad and Inventor which I use all day, everyday at work for past 15 and 5yrs. Both those programs would be totally unsuitable for a project like this or to model up a car. Both are great for architectural and mechanical type work though.

Aircraft/cars are mechanical, so dont quite follow your statement. I cannot comment on "inventor" as I have not used the program, but Autocad, I have used many versions over the years for aircraft and F1/touring car work.

>>At first I tried Rhino V2 and V3 but found getting a a good clean mesh from that program problematical. The problems are mostly bad mesh at the joints between the surfaces which creates shading errors when rendering the model

That is final output and not related to internal construction, and it is mainly construction problems you have posted about.

>>I will be most interested to see your attempt at the model and I appreciate you taking the time to have a go.

Unfortunately I have had no spare time to look at this, but I am unsure of your exact problem. Is it with construction (which should not really be a problem with your use of autocad), or is it just the poly output after construction (in which case whatever method of construction is used, there could still be the poly problem).

- Steve