Prototype V 2.0 Video Tutorials

Hello,

I have been pondering whether or not to begin work on a full set of video tutorials to coincide with the release of MOI Version 2.0.

Although MOI is very easy to pick up if you have some experience with other 3D apps, I am unsure how a complete beginner would progress with just the manual to work from - excellent as Michael writes them?
In my experience, at the first obstacle they begin searching the web for video tutorials - a picture being worth a thousand words etc.

So I have created two very simple test tutorials for your constructive comments.
They are both Flash.exe files for download, then simply click to view. Later videos could be viewed online.

Created with Demo Maker they use captions over live capture - instead of voice commentary as it greatly inflates file size.

These prototype videos are recorded at 800 x 600 pixels and show a slightly compressed GUI. I think that the detail is good enough to see the all buttons, controls etc. clearly. Neither file is larger than 3MB and both have been virus checked.

The video covering the Rotate tool has video controls, the other, on Hide/Unhide does not.

I ask for constructive criticism on the idea.

Should I proceed with the project, the video tutorials would be posted to a new site for free download.
To cover my costs I could create a series of full project tutorials available for paid download or CD. But that is far in the future.

Finally, please don't forget that these videos would be aimed at total beginners and cover every aspect of MOI version 2.
Now I am well into my sixties my health and energy levels are not what they were - so progress could be slower than planned.

Ray