V2 beta Sep-21-2008 available now

1991.37 In reply to 1991.35 
Hi Danny - re: 3D view rotation and Projection style settings.

I can't seem to repeat the problem over here with the view the Rotation style setting, it seems to stick for me as expected when setting it to Free rotation.

Did you possibly have more than one instance of MoI.exe running when you changed the settings? MoI will write out its settings when the program is closed, so if you have more than one instance it is possible to get settings overwritten with the last closed instance winning. Maybe that's what happened to you.

Can you try again with making sure just one instance of MoI is running?

That's all for the rotation style though, the projection style is different since that is actually a property of the viewport which then gets saved and read back from a .3dm file that you write out.

Currently when you change that projection it changes it for that viewport for that current file, not for the start-up default.

It's sort of similar to the 3d view angle - when you rotate the 3D view to a particular angle and close MoI it does not then set that angle as the default view for the next time you start up, but it does get saved and restored when you save or open a .3dm file...

I'll see about adding some kind of mechanism to allow this to be set at startup though.

- Michael