Dual choice GUI?

Having shaken off the high-tec shackles of Rhino 3D, I am currently enjoying a renaissance in my 3D Modelling made possible by the refreshing ease of use and increased productivity offered by MOI’s uncluttered interface.

I was unashamedly attracted to MOI as a package created specifically for non-technical artists and designers, and as it stands today, it does precisely what is says on the box.
But as I read the daily avalanche of, admittedly very clever and well thought out suggestions, I begin to suspect that MOI will go the way of most other CAD application and become the domain of the technical super-competent. In other words, MOI could become just another Rhino clone.

Of course MOI must grow and develop, after all this is Michael’s dream and livelihood, and by necessity has to generate an good revenue stream for him through a measured upgrade path.

But is there a third way, one that will satisfy and retain the quick-and dirty modelers amongst us as well as those requiring industrial strength 3D tools?
I think there may be.
Instead of cramming more features into the standard MOI interface, introduce a choice of GUI, one to suit each requirement. A choice of simple and advanced interfaces that can be switched with the press of the pen tablet. This way we can have our cake and eat it and satisfy all our needs and wants.

There is an old truism that predicts , “ What you resist you become”.
I suggest that unless we pause for breath in our enthusiasm and resist the current pressures , MOI could become Rhino by another name.

It is my long held belief that we must covet and strive for two of life’s most beautiful virtues, already core to Michael’s ground breaking product - elegance and simplicity.

So let's not lose sight of what we have and are at risk of diminishing.

Below are two screen snags the gas block and flash eliminator for a simple rifle model that I created in less than 30 minutes with MOI. The render was made in Bryce 6.0.

Ray
Image Attachments:
Size: 89.2 KB, Downloaded: 121 times, Dimensions: 800x444px
Size: 45 KB, Downloaded: 115 times, Dimensions: 800x455px