Scene Tree

1944.4 In reply to 1944.3 
Hi Danny,

> When you refer to a 'tag' would that equate to a catagory?

Yeah, category, group, "named set", etc... - I mean a UI representation that is a container that can hold a list of objects or other containers underneath it, like for instance "Blue button" here:

I guess I could call that type of thing a "group" or a "layer", ... But it seems like those bring along some expectations of some particular kinds of behavior. I'd like to try and combine several of those kinds of functions together here so that's why a somewhat more neutral name like "tag" kind of seems good.

Some other ideas - I'm thinking of maybe calling this thing a "Browser" maybe instead of "Scene tree", just kind of a more compact label.

I'd figure that the top part of the browser would be have entries for custom tags that you have created to organize your objects into different groups/categories, and that there would be a built in tag called "All objects" underneath your custom ones that could be expanded to see the names of all objects in the entire model.

A tag can contain within it objects (which will be able to be named, the object name will show up there as a child of the tag when you expand the + next to the tag), or other tags to have a kind of hierarchy of containers.

These are just some of the current ideas and thinking...

- Michael
Attachments: