Where are my Done and Cancel buttons

1941.7 In reply to 1941.6 
Hi PaQ, it is definitely a potential problem.

But it has also had a really significant benefit to have the UI based on HTML - it is much much easier for me to make changes to the UI and add new things.

It is very unlikely that I would have been able to create MoI in its current state without having this kind of flexible UI system to base it on, because the UI you see now was not just created all at once it is the result of iterating many times and making changes.

So if I had not made this choice, I don't think you would have as good of a UI as exists in MoI right now, and I would not have been able to make changes and add stuff as I can do now, and I probably would have had a lot more struggle with enabling translations to different languages so it would probably be English only instead of multi-language like it is right now.

So there have been a lot of pay-offs in exchange for the potential problems.

I would like to try and base it off of a self-contained HTML toolkit sometime in the future (like Mozilla or WebKit) instead of relying on the mshtml.dll toolkit which Microsoft can make changes to and sometimes create bugs in... But none of the other toolkits are currently as extensible as mshtml.dll is in certain ways though. Hopefully some day though.

- Michael