A couple simple suggestions for V2

1887.8 In reply to 1887.5 
Hi okapi,

> It would be nice if we could eventually assign icon shortcuts to
> scripts, and place these in the layouts.

I do want to add a kind of "plug-in" menu so that you can have a list of scripts that show up in a menu instead of only on a shortcut key. But I just haven't had time to focus on that yet.

In the meantime, that plug-in gallery dialog that Burr is mentioning may be a good option for you, Petr's page that has the links discussing that are here:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#PluginGallery

It's also possible to edit the UI definition files which are text files in the \ui subfolder inside of MoI's main installation folder.

For example to add an "Isolate" button to the bottom toolbar, you would do the following:

Open up the CommandBar.htm file in notepad, you can find it inside the \ui subfolder inside of MoI's main installation folder.

All the various controls on the bottom toolbar are defined down here, and you can insert a new one by adding some text in here.

Just before the ending </body> tag near the bottom of the file, add this:
code:
<moi:CommandButton onbuttonclick="moi.geometryDatabase.invertSelection(); moi.geometryDatabase.hide(true);">Isolate</moi:CommandButton>

So it should look something like this near the end of the file:
code:
			..... more stuff up here .....

</moi:StateButton>
		</nobr>

<moi:CommandButton onbuttonclick="moi.geometryDatabase.invertSelection(); moi.geometryDatabase.hide(true);">Isolate</moi:CommandButton>

</body>
</html>

Now when you run MoI the next time, there will be an "Isolate" button on the bottom command bar, next to the Object Snap toggle button.

You can add in other buttons in a similar way.

The main problem with this is that every time you get a new beta release, you will need to repeat this procedure, so you may want to keep a link back to this message so that you can refer back to it.

I do want to make this easier in the future, this is just a way that you can make it happen with your current version if you want.

- Michael