To many controlpoints

1844.10 In reply to 1844.7 
Hi Petr,

> I don't know how this new mechanism works but I think there
> is a kind of things which need keeping exact shape, no matter
> what their size.

Some construction methods do generate exact results and don't have a refitting process in them at all, for example Loft with "Exact profiles", extrusions or Revolve.

Those operations aren't affected by size.

But things that involve refitting just do not function well when the fitting accuracy is more than about 4 or 5 orders of magnitude smaller than the size of the object. The results are just too dense.

If you need to make something like 100,000 units in size but also accurate down to 0.001 units small at the same time, that just does not really work with any fitting-based algorithms. If that kind of large size plus tight accuracy is important to you, you have to stick with the tools that do not use any refitting in them, or possibly you might need to use a different kind of modeling technology entirely.

I could also possibly put in some kind of override option so that you could turn off the relative tolerance if you needed to... But before adding in a bunch of stuff for that it would help for me to see any examples of things where the relative tolerance was causing problems.

- Michael