History... probably nothing more important than this....

> Hi JTB - definitely history and being able to correct mistakes
> is a good thing, and I certainly want to add more functions for this into MoI.
> But just being able to draw things quickly and easily initially is by itself a critical function.

I agree, that's why I love MoI....

> How often does it happen to you that you drew a sphere of the wrong diameter and then only noticed it several steps later? Hopefully it > is not happening to you every time that you draw something.

By the word "wrong" I ment different than I need... and.... yes, it happens to me very often to change my mind about something I model.

>That's certainly true - but is there any way that you would ever describe 3ds max's interface as easy to use or intuitive?

No, of course not, I've said before that I am not a Max user, I find it's difficult and not intuitive

>But I am still hoping to extend MoI's history functionality later on in the v2 beta, after object organization tools are complete.
>There is quite a lot of work involved to do it though, so I'm not sure yet how much will be finished for v2. But I definitely have many >ideas on how to improve this area in MoI.
Yes, I understand there are priorities, I am glad to hear you have this in mind!

>There are actually many programs out there that focus a lot on history already, like you mentioned 3ds max, and there are also many >solid modelers that focus on it quite extensively like SolidWorks, Pro/E, etc...

Sorry, not much of modeling experience....

>What those systems do not do is make it really easy to just freely draw things. That's one reason why MoI is focused on that area, ...

That's why people love MoI too!

>If I just focused on doing exactly the same thing as other programs, .....

No, that's not what I mean, I certainly want something new and suitable to MoI's UI and capabilities.

To : -ash-

>I'm not getting much modeling time at the moment but, although I can see the benefit if dynamic type modeling, I agree with Michael. >Get the interaction right first. If you don't then it is next to impossible to change it later.
>Michael, I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I am very impressed by your dedication to the usability of MoI. Also credit to you for >sticking to your intended direction for your product. This is a precious jewel in a world of deadline, feature and cost driven software.

I can't disagree with that, Michael does a great job, MoI is great, and we all try to add something for a better MoI....
***Modeling Of Ideas***