I want this in MOI!!! Unbelivable tools!

1774.7 In reply to 1774.6 
"For example, one important function in MoI is being able to work with imported data.

If you want to be able to import some curves from an AI file and then use those in a boolean, as far as I could tell from the workflow of LWCAD, that is just not possible since the way those real-time booleans work they are all options that are built in to the UI of individual drawing commands (like drawing a circle, rectangle, etc...).

That is pretty cool for certain cases, but if I made booleans only work directly with drawing tools and nothing else, it would mean you could not perform a boolean on a curve that you had drawn previously, or that you wanted to import from someone else's file, etc...

For MoI it is a very important function to be able to process any kind of curve like this, not just a few special specific draw commands."

Thanks Michael, for the explanation and I can appreciate the importance of working with imported curves, esepcially if it's something I may have just created previously!

It would be nice to be able to import a curve and "push" other curves into (actually I've never tried that with LWCAD either???)

I do however believe that the "realtime" curve booleans should be seen as a "special drawing mode", not something expected to work with external data.

Limitng perhaps, but I've only ever used the LWCAD function just as shown in the video; select the shape to be drawn, push it together with what was previously drawn, rinse/repeat and finally exit the operation...

Now I'm curious to see if LWCAD can even do that since I never thought of using it that way!

But I will say that I probably wouldn't like to see MOI burdened down with "special draw modes" because of the danger of destroying its simplicity and elegance!

-Will