some problem with Boolean Union and Fillet

Hello there,

My name is Renato, I´m from Brazil. I was googling about Rhino, trying to find some similar software and found out about MoI. After some research about it I decided to download the trial version and give it a try. I don´t know much about 3D modeling yet, I started it last week with Sketch Up, but it isn´t the best for modeling, it´s hard to make the things work or to make the things look good with some rounded faces, etc.... So I had some hard time making a 2.1 speakers that i found in the Internet. It was my first try to make any object in any software so it´s not very nice [I attached it] but as first experience i like it, I´ll try to make it with MoI someday.

I saw some of video tutorials to try to understand how it works and started modeling right away, I really liked the UI and as you get used to that you find the things very intuitive. (I´ll try Rhino too, but I got scared when I saw all that icons, bars an stuff so decided to start with MoI... hehehe...). I´m really enjoying "to play" with 3D modeling... hehehe...

Well, here it is, my little problem.
Some times when I finish the things or want to test the Fillet, it just doesn´t work, the corners are still there. Usually I use Boolean Union to make everything an unique object and then I use Fillet, to change the surface, to make it more "rounded". But sometimes, when I do that, it doesn´t work. I tried to figure it out, tried to see if the line are all there, etc... I also tried to catch just the lines and Join all of them and some how just part of them really joined. I downloaded the trial version that can´t make saves so I can´t attatch the file. I will start from the begining again but I just wanted to know what I´m doing wrong ´cause it also happened when I was following the video tutorial for the first time. In that time I just started again and it worked but I didn´t figure it out what I was doing wrong.

Thanks
Image Attachments:
Size: 84.3 KB, Downloaded: 55 times, Dimensions: 800x600px