How do you model a car in Moi?

1749.36 In reply to 1749.34 
>But just because NX has more features than MoI does not automatically make it better than MoI in all situations - I mean for the right person and use, being able to run on a low end DELL machine is an essential feature. Same with being easy to use - if software is too complex for someone that they can't make heads or tails of it and don't have a lot of time to devote to taking training, then it is not useful to them no matter how powerful it is. It is just not the right tool for them, it's missing the stuff that is important to their particular situation.
>

The scenario I see:

Large manufacturing company with highest end cad software holds a meeting 30 years ago. Big cheese calls design/manufacturing team in to discuss his Moment of inspiration! After meeting, the design engineers announce "we'll bring you a rapid prototype on such-n-such date!" They retreat to their $40,000 workstations with cad program that takes 30 clicks or keystrokes just to launch. They produce the result and schedule the next meeting with Mr. Sharp Cheddar. He makes a simple visualization change that was misunderstood in the meeting and the design team retreats back and repeats the process.

Jump to 2008

Large manufacturing company with highest end cad software holds a meeting. Big cheese calls design/manufacturing team in to discuss his Moment of inspiration! While Mr. Sharp Cheddar begins to layout his vision, Burr, the new guy pulls out his usb stick with MoI loaded on it and follows along. At the end of the meeting Mr. Sharp Cheddar say's "Are there any questions team?", Burr flips his laptop around and asks "Is this what you are looking for?".

Mr. Cheese is a little puzzled and say's "No, You dont understand, I need SEXY LINES for this to work! It's an exterior thingamajiggy!", Burr flips his laptop back and in 45 seconds replies "How about this?"

To which Mr. Cheddar states "This kids a Genius! Give him Danny's job!"

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN