How do you model a car in Moi?

1749.31 In reply to 1749.29 
> That all depends, do you mean for business or for personal use ?
> For Business, NX.
> For Personal use, MoI.

Well, why not NX for both purposes? I mean if NX is a proper "super-set" that has everything that MoI has and more, why wouldn't it be used for personal use as well if cost was not a factor?

I mean, I can probably guess at a few reasons - maybe NX won't even run on someone's low cost garden variety DELL machine. Maybe without a CAD background it will be too complex for them, ...

But if that is the case, then it means that MoI has some capabilities that NX does not have, in some of these really sort of basic areas.

I mean don't get me wrong, for professional manufacturing all the extra stuff in NX is absolutely great stuff for that area of business, and I certainly never recommend for someone to use MoI as a replacement for NX, SolidWorks, Pro/E etc...

But just because NX has more features than MoI does not automatically make it better than MoI in all situations - I mean for the right person and use, being able to run on a low end DELL machine is an essential feature. Same with being easy to use - if software is too complex for someone that they can't make heads or tails of it and don't have a lot of time to devote to taking training, then it is not useful to them no matter how powerful it is. It is just not the right tool for them, it's missing the stuff that is important to their particular situation.

- Michael