How do you model a car in Moi?

1749.26 In reply to 1749.25 
Hi Michael,

>>Those are definitely missing the "easy to use" aspect which I certainly view as an actual kind of technology and "tool" in itself.

Yes, they do have a steep learning curve, I guess that's why they hire specialized engineers to run these programs.

>>I'm still not so sure that even the "highest" of the high end really has every single thing in it. I mean the fields are so vastly diverse,...

Well I was talking about 'hard' engineering and industrial design including auto.
One particular program that does cater for all in these areas that I know of is Siemens NX (formally Unigraphics) and in relation to the areas that I mentioned it comes close with the bundles/modules they offer, plus third party plugins, plus in house programed specialty tools, which the software allows you to do via VB, C++ and Java.

>>Do you know of a program that has all of these tools simultaneously available in it?

Why would you ? Well, now that you put it that way, no, but you've got a mixture there of 'hard' engineering, architecture, civil engineering and specialized analytic tools which I wouldn't expect to be in a cad program but as a standalone tool.

>>do you know of any existing high end CAD tool which will allow you to export NURBS to polygon mesh data using multi-sided polygons instead of just triangles and quads?

Yes....................MoI :)

~Danny~