Control Point

1746.8 In reply to 1746.6 
Hi Anis, here is what I would recommend for doing this in MoI.

First create the 60x60 radius 15 rectangle by the following method:

Start the Draw curve / Rect / Center command.

Click on the "Rounded corners" option so it is turned on (has a check mark on it).

Type 0 <enter> or click the origin point for the first point.

Type 60 <tab> 60 <enter> to set width and height to 60 and 60.

Type 15 <enter> to set radius 15.

You now have the basic shape, but you want one that has a different point structure, so you can now use that basic shape as a tracing guide while you draw a new curve.

Start the Draw curve / Freeform / Control points command.

Turn on grid snap, and click points at the endpoint and midpoint of each line segment, and in the corner of the rectangle, that is 17 points in total.

Now you will have a curve that has the control point structure that you want, same as the control point arrangement in the video, and you should be able to select the points and move them as in the video.

This shape will not have a perfect arc in it, the control point curve will be a slightly different shape in the corner areas, if you want you can select those 4 corner points and scale them in somewhat to make the shape closer.

In the next beta release it will be possible to edit the 3 point arc the way you wanted so the exact arc (which stretches out in this case to become an ellipse actually, but an arc as viewed from above) will work better in that version.

But the method that I describe above should get you a close shape to that.

Please let me know if you need any illustrations or additional information for any step.

- Michael