Meshes

174.5 In reply to 174.4 
Hi Nariman, this was not a bad question to ask at all. Especially since there are other CAD programs that do handle both polygon mesh type objects as well as curve type objects.

It just happens that MoI is not one of those, it is more specialized to only work on curve type geometry.

There is kind of a different set of tools that you need for polygon modeling as opposed to curve modeling, and there are already other programs out there that are really focused on the polygon modeling (for example, silo, modo, hexagon, and many others), so it just hasn't been an area of focus for MoI. I just expect people who need to do polygon mesh modeling to use one of those other programs for that instead of MoI. And that's totally ok, I don't ever expect that MoI will be able to handle every single type of task. In fact, MoI gains a lot in simplicity and ease of use by exactly _not_ trying to do too much.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. If my answer is short it probably just means I didn't have a lot of time to answer at that particular moment, not that it wasn't a good question.

- Michael