Top hat

1730.21 In reply to 1730.20 
Hi Burr,

> Is there somewhere that would tell me How you would do sweep in
> 2 portions with diiferent params for each?

Sorry I didn't describe that better earlier - to do that you would need to cut the rail curve into 2 pieces.

Then you would repeat the sweep twice, the first time picking one piece of the original rail, and then doing a second sweep using the remaining portion.

To cut the rail, select it and then run the Edit/Trim command. It will prompt you for "Select cutting objects". If you have a line or something that crosses the rail you can select it as the cutting object here, or you can also click the "Add trim points" button, which will then let you click a point on the curve to use that point as the split location.

After you have finished picking the cutting objects or cutting points, the Trim command will prompt you to "Select pieces to remove or push Done to keep all" - here just push Done (or right-click inside a viewport which is a shortcut for Done) because you want to keep all the cut-up pieces and not discard any.

So after doing that your sweep rail will now be cut into 2 curve pieces. Do sweep twice, using a different piece for each sweep and that way you can use different settings for each time you run the sweep command.

Please let me know if this doesn't make sense and I can make some illustrations.

- Michael