Meshing Question

Hello Michael,

I'm just have four questions about the meshing tool too.

1) The first time you export an object in a polygon format (.lwo .obj), the meshing tool is using a default settings value. (12° angle, weld vertices on, etc.)
With this default value it might already take quite some time to have a feedback, and most of the time I will change this value and this 'waiting time' is somehow lost.

So I was wondering if it's technically possible to show the actual settings used in the viewport in fact, as I suppose we already see a mesh version of the
nurbs model. That would give a first realtime preview of the mesh.

Of course keeping any new settings for the next export as it's working now it's just fine.

2) Running the meshing tool as a command without having to export my model would be a nice feature too (but maybe it's already possible ?) it helps me sometimes to check my model during my modeling process, ... maybe it's because I'm coming from polygon modeling school too.

3) Is the 'add detail to inflections' from the view option working a little bit like the 'avoid smaller than' from the meshing command ? (just by curiosity)

4) If question 1) is impossible to archive, having somehow a way to export the poly model as it is in the viewport, so without any extra meshing computing, would really
boost my workflow. This would help to really quickly export my model, even if it's a draft one, and allow me to make some quick preview in my rendering package, testing some materials etc.

Cheers

EDITED: 29 Jun 2008 by PAQ