MoI and Silo

1702.17 In reply to 1702.16 
Hi Brian, nope, in lieu of "Export Zen" (all quads), my models typically have NGons.

From past experience, I just try to avoid triangles like the plague since they always caused ugly facets in my surfaces when trying to render.

Granted, this avoidance was developed in "earlier generation" applications, Rhino v2 for example - the exports from there were so ugly going into lightwave at the time it made it unusable for me. (Of course now we know that LW has it's own issues with how it's not all that great with surface smoothing or working with surface normals)

However, majority of times I don't need to subdivide my models, just load, perhaps a bit of retopo, and paint.

Local subdivision and sculpting is nice (dents and dings for example) but not always necessary for me. 3D-Coat immediately wants to subdivide your model upon import (unless I'm missing something on that import dialog...)

I'll take your advice and see what triangles and quads will do for me (ultimately everything reduces down to tris anyway...)

I'll pop in and ask if there are any plans to better support hard surfaces - no import subdivision, just working at the poly level; retopo, and some minimal poly edting (which seems to be in there already.)

-Will