Complaint by Steph

170.6 In reply to 170.5 
Wow, that's quite a list. It is very helpful to get these kinds of lists. Of course many things on this list involve quite a lot of work and will have to wait for future versions, but I do plan for several to be available for V1. Here are my comments (and some questions for clarification):

> Speed selection ( Ring, Loop, Connect selection )

I think that there will be some stuff in this area for V1, it probably won't be for a while yet though (like not for several betas).

> Speedy Extrusion/Insertion maybe somethinglike that

I don't think that this will be possible for V1, but what I will do is improve offset to reduce the number of steps somewhat. Right now if you select all the edges of a cube and try to do an offset, it does not merge the edges together into a single rectangle, it offsets all lines separately. I can fix that up, and I can also make it work better in the 3D view by making an offset of a planar shape happen in its own plane instead of always relative to the view's construction plane like it is now. This also probably won't be for a few betas though.

> Template (background image )
>
> Duplication along a path (+ orientation of path)
>
> Rectangle, Polar Array
>
> Possibility to change light orientation in view 3D

These ones I do plan on doing pretty soon, they are at the top of the list of stuff to do after the meshing work is completed.

> Spiral

I don't think that I will have this for V1.

> Curves "Text"

I think I'm going to try to have this for V1 but it won't be for a while yet.

> Change Focal view camera

Is it important to have a way to set it exactly by a dialog box? Or just to manipulate it wider/narrower? I was just thinking maybe ctrl+mouse wheel for a way to manipulate it.

> Functions Bend, Taper, Twist,

I won't be able to get these for V1.

> Solid Torus, Pipe, Pyramide, Capsular, ...

I don't think that these will be for V1 either. Several of them have pretty easy constructions, like draw a circle and revolve for a torus. I know that he just wants a faster way to do it, and it will happen eventually in future versions.

> Choice of a metric sytem for a new document

Does he mean choice of a unit system such as mm, cm, inches, etc?

> Systeme of text cotation :)

Does this mean dimension text? Like a labeling that shows the width or height of an edge and stuff like that? This is an area that I plan to work on in future versions, but it is too complex to finish for the V1 release.

- Michael