Complaint by Steph

170.17 In reply to 170.16 
> System of group and hide something like that

I see how the group works there, but I don't understand how the hide is different than MoI's hide, can he explain a little bit more about how the hide works differently there?

> And something seems ennuyous with the "grid"
> An "infinite grid"on 2D views will be cool :)
> When you change the numbers, scale change also :(
> or maybe you have a"trick"?

It looks like he just wants to make the grid extend out more - to do this, go to the Grid options, and change the "Grid sections" setting to something like 300 or 400. Don't make it too huge - if you make it something like 10,000 or more it might slow down the screen drawing.

This makes the grid extend out further, but keeps the scale of one grid square to be the same. If you change the "Grid size" setting, that will change the scale of one individual square of the grid.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

> Info about the process of creation of "Letter" in Moi after import "lines"
> ("back" are "fileted") is there loops inside?

Nope, no loops on this one. It looks like the font is different, the church text is narrower and taller than this. The bug probably only happens with some specific shapes, that's why it would be useful if he could send the original curves from that church model (if he has them around), it would probably be easier to reproduce the problem using those same curves.

> Chamfer on a path = chamfer on a curve
> Like a filet on a curve (2D)
> Seems don't work with a chamfer? (missed something? )

Ah I see, yes I forgot to enable chamfer for internal corners of a single curve when I added it for fillet. This was easy to turn on, it will be fixed for the next beta. In the meantime a workaround is to separate the rectangle into individual lines, then chamfer them two-by-two. Right now chamfer will work on curves, but only between 2 separate curves, not on a single joined one.

> Another thing when you choose "Chamfer" and Input the 2 dimensions
> Snapping grid seems disable ( I Suppose for the dimension with decimal but...:)

I can't seem to repeat this over here - for example, draw a box, select it and do chamfer. Now pick two points to define the first distance, grid snap is working ok for me here. Are you doing something different?

Thanks for all the reports and information, Pilou!

- Michael