Strange shell

1693.24 In reply to 1693.21 
I'm quite impressed by SC. The program is doing a good job on filleting and shelling. I tried it on some quite demanding things from rhino and it worked pretty well. Not everything worked completely fluently though. In some cases it got a bit comfused.
Took about 20 mins of fiddling before I understood the workflow, but then it was surprisingly easy. It seems to demand a fast PC, as even my super quad core pc was lagging behind a bit.

Anyways, SC handles consumed faces in fillets, and also moving features across surface boundaries (in most
cases, not all of course).

SW is history based however, which has it's advntages in some cases. But if you get the geometry from someone, history can be a constraint because you have to understand the sequence in which the model was made.

I think SC LTX is a companion of Moi if you are doing mecanical design. It's also good since it makes your model "live" in the sence that you can quickly move things around and fillet here and there.
It does not have nice G1, G2, G3 fillets like Moi, and not nearly the type of surfacing tools. So I imagine for product design, that the real shape design would be done in Moi, and then later you could edit it in SC and add the "mechanical details" to it.

-Fredrik