MOI for Mac

169.20 In reply to 169.18 
>Re: Bezier handles - yeah certainly it is the standard way for 2D illustration programs so definitely your students will benefit from knowing it, no doubt about that.

>I guess that there are probably a lot of circumstances where the problems I mention above are not very pronounced - if you don't intend to make super-shiny things it is less of an >issue. So it's not exactly that it has to be avoided at all costs...

>But basically NURBS was invented precisely to solve this problem - so that you could have a longer curve made out of multiple points that didn't have this type of "curvature seam" at >juncture points.

Or, I suppose, if a rendering is not the ultimate destination. Though I personally would want my 3D prints, for instance, to be as smooth as is possible, so...

It is interesting that there is such a difference though - I naively always think about vector drawing as vector drawing - mainly as it compares to raster drawing. But I suppose that there are different qualities/types of mathematically based lines (in addition to the corresponding tools and techniques to make them) is something I should be appreciating more than I have been.

Thanks!

_PHIL