Not really a MoI question ...

Thanks for your swift answer, Michael. When do you sleep? ;)

"> So I was thinking about using Rhino as a "bridge" between SU/MoI
> and Maxwell/Vray. Granted, bit of a weird workflow, but I find it apealling. ;)

That should work fine - you can also even copy and paste between MoI and Rhino and they share the same file format, so it is pretty easy to share data back and forth, it's not too weird! :)"

Mmm, sweet. Gonna be cool. Even more work, but hey, no pain, no gain. I'm quite looking forward to trying this!

"> ... but ... do I need to join them through some boolean command for
> them to render properly, or can I just slightly shove them into eachother?

For rendering if you have objects that have volume, you can usually just leave things as individual objects that are shoved through each other."

Fantastic. That should save me at least some time. Gotta check whether Rhino does instances. (Would be totally great!)

"If you have objects that are individual surfaces (instead of volume objects), those should usually be joined together at their common edges before rendering (so that the generated meshes will stitch together properly along the shared edge)."

I hate to admit it publicly, but this I don't understand. I blame the language barrier, not the fact that I never paid attention during geometry class ("I'll never need this.")! ;) What are "objects that are individual surfaces"? Objects of which the constituting elements weren't joined prior to being exported to Rhino or something? Or more like, say, two planes that have a common edge?

I'm hoping UV-ing and texturing in Rhino is something I can wrap my little brain around. :D Seems to be a lot of Rhino documentation around, though.