Not really a MoI question ...

... although there's a connection.

Let me explain my "problem" first. I'm a SketchUp user. I simply love SU. It does wat I want, and it does it fast. But, as some of you may know, SketchUp is somewhat limited.

For instance, it doesn't do bevels. Not natively, I mean. There's a couple of plugins. But those are, while a great start, still not quite "there" yet. And then there's the poly thing. SU cannot handle a lot of poly's. Which, as any SU user can tell you, can be very annoying.

Now, I've been experimenting with the SU/MoI combo. I model in SU, and export a couple of 2D images. Those I use as a reference in MoI. Works splendid. Bevels galore!

But ... MoI doesn't do UV mapping and texturing. Which is fine, I'm far from complaining. (It's a fine app - a gem, even.) But Rhino does. And there's a Maxwell plugin for Rhino (I'm a Maxwell user), as there's a Vray one.

So I was thinking about using Rhino as a "bridge" between SU/MoI and Maxwell/Vray. Granted, bit of a weird workflow, but I find it apealling. ;)

Now for my question. I was thinking of importing "loose" parts of my models into Rhino, and assembling them there. This'll sound dumb (I've never used Rhino) ... but ... do I need to join them through some boolean command for them to render properly, or can I just slightly shove them into eachother?

Obviously, I could of course learn how to model in Rhino from scratch, but I'd rather stick with the apps I know and, especially, like.