Axis color

1682.8 In reply to 1682.7 
Hi Petr,

> and not 5,2 like in Rhino. I know, this is due to lacking of
> concept of active viewport in MoI...

Yes, but this is actually a feature of MoI - the way Rhino works means that typing 5,2 gives different results depending on where your mouse pointer happens to be hovering over.

This can be a big problem, because if you just happened to move your mouse pointer a little bit to coast over a different viewport, or move over one while traveling to a button or something, it changes what your typed in values mean.

It is just way too "fragile" - it is one of the problem areas of my prior design in Rhino that I have corrected with MoI.

If you need to enter a lot of 2D coordinates into the front view, then for the next v2 beta you can switch the global construction plane to be aligned with the front view - once you have set a global construction plane (there is an option to apply it to all views or just the 3D view) then when you type in coordinates it will use that cplane coordinate system. The only thing that may take some getting used to is that the Front view also changes in that case to become a front view relative to the edge of that new cplane instead of the world front view.... Maybe I should have an alternate cplane mode that doesn't change the view or something, I'm not sure - I still have a bit of work left to finish up the cplane stuff.

> ps: Wow! Two subscriptions for upFront.eZine. MoI
> seems to be selling well... ;)

He normally asks for only $25 for a subscription, I thought I would help support him with a little extra, since I like his newsletter. :) It's not very extravagant...

- Michael