Lazy Designer

1670.10 In reply to 1670.9 
Hi PaQ,

> Is it actually a way to disable this calculator from the interface ?

There is not currently any way to totally disable it, but if you push Esc or hit the X in the upper-right it will dismiss it and you will have regular keyboard focus in the edit field, you can then use arrow keys / delete / backspace to edit as normal.

> I have the habit to enter numeric input with the num keyboard
> you know :P <...>

You can still type numbers when that panel is open, they will enter in the same as if you clicked on buttons so just type with your num keyboard like you normally would - does that not work for you?

Actually for most of the time if you want to type in numbers, you can just do that without clicking anywhere first. Like for example if you are drawing a circle, and you want to have a radius of 5, just type in 5 <enter> directly without clicking, keyboard focus will automatically go to the radius edit box without the pop-up panel opening.

That tends to be the easiest way to avoid it opening and it also saves you a click at the same time.

> I find the numeric input field a bit strange also, it's quite hard to
> replace a digit for example, as the whole input is always selected
> and every new input erase completely the actual one.

Actually it only selects the whole input if you click inside of it - if you press down and drag inside of it you can do a sub-selection will will allow you to replace just a few digits. But you may find it easier to hit Esc or X and do arrow key editing instead in that situation.

I've added an entry to the wishlist to add in an option to disable the popup.

- Michael