I have to repeat this, it is very important to me....

1659.11 In reply to 1659.10 
Hi JTB, hi Danny - yeah one thing about very history-focused software is it tends to be a major influence in the UI and in a certain sense kind of forces you to plan things more. Like for example in a parametric solid modeler you may often need to explicitly declare a sketch plane first before drawing on it.... Not all are like that but that's just one example.

The Max method is similar but kind of evolved for a different purpose which was to be able to animate those different modifications. Again there is some complexity you're not just modeling, you're building a kind of animate-able recipe for your final object.

The focus in MoI is much more on kind of immediate free drawing.

So I don't really want the history to become a very dominating thing in MoI. That's what is nice about MoI's current history mechanism, even though it usually will only apply to something that you recently built, the good part is it doesn't force you to go through rigid steps or setup, or dominate the UI.

I'd like to extend MoI's current history mechanism to have a deeper link through more actions, but at the same time remain a kind of optional thing. Instead of an explicit tree, it will be kind of more implicitly built just by recording your actions.

I have a bunch of ideas on how to move forward on this, but it is a lot of work and it will take like a month or two of dedicated time to really make progress on it. But I think I will be able to make some progress on it later on in v2.

- Michael